Misty over at Misty’s Laws, while consumed by an alien being that is taking all of her nutritional sustenance and strength for its own personal gain, has revealed to me that 50 Things About Me is the blogosphere’s new 25 Things About Me thing that went around Facebook circa 2009. Since I haven’t posted in a dog’s year, and since I’m both an open book and mysteriously mysterious at the same time, I thought you might jump at the chance to learn more about me that you could not possibly care less to know.
Yes, this is my lazy way of posting. But it’s also my way of saying hi, I miss you, I still read the people who show up in my reader feed (oh, btw, Hey WP, WTF is up with all the people who no longer show up in my reader feed)?
1. What are you wearing? The same clothes I wore to work: black pants, sky blue elbow-sleeve sweater. I did just take my contacts out and put my glasses on. *shazzam* New look!
2. Ever been in love? Um, yes.
3. Ever have a terrible break-up? Do you not read this blog?
4. How tall are you? 5’7″
5. How much do you weigh? During which week of the month? Before or after the dirty martini?
7. Any piercings? Double-pierced ears (Usually don’t wear the earrings in the second holes, but, strangely, still run an earring through them at least once a day to keep them open. I make little sense. Also, pierced navel, still sporting the original ring with which it was pierced 11 years ago.)
8. OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?) Adam & Eve. Those two literally could not find anyone better.
9. Favorite show? I don’t get to watch TV much anymore, but I love The Daily Show. I DVR Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. But my all-time favorite TV show of all time in the history of ever is The West Wing. (My readers from the year before the last presidential election will not be surprised by this.)
10. Favorite bands? So, I don’t really listen to current music much. Apparently I’m 81 years old. I’m pretty faithful to Counting Crows even though Adam Duritz’s retreaded lyric ideas sometimes get on my nerves. Turns out I like solo artists a little more.
11. Something you miss? The days when nothing hurt.
12. Favorite song? Impossible to pick one. Can’t. Moving on.
14. Zodiac sign? Aries.
15. Quality to look for in a partner? Does “Willingness to be my partner” count?
16. Favorite Quote? “Do you wanna invoke the wrath of the Whatever from high atop the Thing?! Go outside, turn around three times and spit!”
~Toby Ziegler, The West Wing
(I know. It’s pretty deep. I’ll give you a minute to process.)
17. Favorite Actor? Kevin Spacey is pretty brilliant, even if he’s kind of a dick.
18. Favorite Color? Blue
19. Loud music or soft? Yes.
20. Where do you go when you are sad? Bad places. You don’t want to come.
21. How long does it take you to shower? Depends. Am I paying the water bill in this shower?
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I can do it in 45 minutes if I have to, but it somehow usually takes me 90 minutes from the time I get up until I get out the door. This is inexplicable.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Ever? Sure. I have siblings.
24. Turn on? Humor and intelligence.
25. Turn-off? Assholery.
26. The reason I started blogging? I like to write. I think a lot. My professions have been very writing-intensive and very thinking-intensive, but not very personal-expressiony.
27. Fears? At present? I’m about to start watching the first episode of this season’s American Horror Story, so…clowns.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Reading a testimonial about Planned Parenthood’s breast cancer screening service 37 minutes ago. Goddamned breast cancer.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? Last night, on the phone with my dear old friend, Will. Or just now on Facebook when I said I love Jon Stewart. Depending on your interpretation of the question.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? I tend to turn one tiny thought into an entire onslaught of neurosis. Single=one thought. Cell=neuron.
31. Last book you read? The last book I read for fun was “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt.
32. Book you are currently reading? Well, I’m reading “Manufactured Consent” by Noam Fucking Chomsky (the “fucking” is silent) and some other douchebag windbag for a class I’m taking. I read textbooks. Some day I’ll finish “Dark Places” by Gillian Flynn, which was what I started after “The Goldfinch” but didn’t quite finish before this term of grad school began.
33. Last show you watched? The Daily Show last night.
34. Last person you talked to? A classmate.
35. The relationship between you and the person you just texted? Last person I texted was Javier, my Colombian friend/neighbor/pseudo-crush. (Text was of strict Neighbor nature.)
36. Favorite food? Anything terribly unhealthy and delicious.
37. Place you want to visit? All of them. Maybe not something that ends in -stan. Actually, I’d love to learn more about the people in those places.
38. Last place you were? The bathroom…?
39. Do you have a crush? See #35.
40. Last time you kissed someone? Kissed nine people goodbye on Sunday.
41. Last time you were insulted? Probably on Sunday. I was with family.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Chocolate. Are you kidding me with this question?
43. What instruments do you play? Snarfblatt.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? I wear two rings. Each one features the birthstone of a godson. One is sapphire, the other is citrine.
45. Last sport you played? Played? Is gossip a sport?
46. Last song you sang? Presently, the Bach Magnificat is on repeat in my head.
47. Favorite chat up line? Hoping “hey” qualifies.
48. Have you ever used it? Can’t imagine it would be my favorite if I hadn’t used it.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Sunday. Family birthday dinner festivus + football proclivity.
50. Who should answer these questions next? All of you. Do it.